Friday, August 16, 2013

BACK TO SCHOOL!

It is August, which means it's school time! I just finished the first full week of school, and I am exhausted!!
I am teaching 4 preps this semester. Which is nothing new. However, I added AP US History to my course load this year. I am pretty excited about teaching APUSH this year. I am completely overwhelmed, but excited!

On the first day of school this year, I gave my students a Learning Style Inventory (LSI). I think it is important to know how my kids learn best, but I also think it is important THEY know how they learn best! I did this last year for the first time, and I really liked having that information to form lessons throughout the year.

I found a LSI I liked online. It was a short 24 questions about how they learn. They scored the inventory on their own. Some scored equally in multiple categories. I explained to them we all use all the methods to learn, we are just determining how we learn best. I had them keep the actual inventory, they just had to tell me their top style.

As we go through the year I will use the outcomes of the LSI to create differentiated assignments for my students, create small groups, and simply to make myself more aware not everyone is a visual learner, like myself! 


Happy Learning!!





No comments:

Post a Comment